WATERFORD SCHOOL OF ART

(Provincial Societies and Schools of Art)

From A Dictionary of Irish Artists 1913

The School of Practical Art and Design was founded through the exertions of the Committee of the Mechanics' Institute and Mr. J. A. Blake, who obtained the sanction of the Board of Trade. The School was opened on 1st October, 1852, with J. D. Croome as master.

It ceased after some years and was re-established in 1881, and is now under the Department of Agriculture and Technical Instruction, forming part of the Waterford Central Technical Institute.

« Limerick School of Art | Contents and Search | Clonmel School of Art »

Abbreviations


Library Ireland Facebook