From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
TEMPLE-ERRY, or TEMPLEREE, a parish, in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2 ½ miles (N. E.) from Templemore, on the road to Johnstown; containing 1415 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Suir, comprises 2871 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act.
The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £207. 18. 10 ¼.
In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Loughmore and Castle-Inney; the chapel is a handsome building of recent erection. About 60 children are educated in a private school. Some vestiges of the old church still exist.