From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
PALMERSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of BALROTHERY, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 11 miles (N. by W.) from Dublin; containing 321 inhabitants. Good building stone is found in the parish. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin; the rectory is appropriate to the vicars choral of the cathedral of Dublin, and the vicarage forms part of the union and corps of the prebend of Clonmethan: of the tithes, amounting to £135, two-thirds are payable to the vicars choral, and the remainder to the vicar.
In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Rollestown. Some remains of the church still exist.