NEW-INN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

NEW-INN, a village, in the parish of KNOCKGRAFFON, barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S.) from Cashel, on the road to Cahir and Clonmel; containing 320 inhabitants It is a station of the constabulary police, and petty sessions are held once a fortnight. Fairs are held on March 17th, May 16th, Aug. 1st, and Dec 6th. The parochial church, a neat edifice, is situated in the village; also the principal chapel of the R. C. union or district, comprising the parishes of Knockgraffon and Dogstown; it is a neat modern structure.

« Newchapel | Index | Newmarket (Cork) »


Library Ireland Facebook