MENLOUGH

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

MENLOUGH, or MINLA, a village, in the parish of KILLASCOBE, barony of TYAQUIN, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 3 ½ miles (S. W.) from Castlebar, on the road from Monivae to Castle-Blakeney; containing 230 inhabitants. A market is held here, and black marble is found but not worked. The castle was lately destroyed by lightning, and is now in ruins.

« Mellifont | Index | Merrion (Old) »


Library Ireland Facebook