KEADUE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KEADUE, a small town, in the parish of KILRONAN, barony of BOYLE, county of ROSCOMMON, and province of CONNAUGHT, 8 miles (N. N. W.) from Carrick-on-Shannon, to which it has a penny post: the population is included in the return for the parish. It has partly arisen out of the Arigna Iron and Coal works, and contains about 45 houses. A market-house has been recently erected by Colonel Tenison, its proprietor; and there is a patent for a market and fairs, not now held. It is a constabulary police station, and petty sessions are held on alternate Wednesdays. Here is a R. C. chapel, which was built by Colonel Tenison.—See KILRONAN.

« Keadue (Cavan) | Index | Keady »


Library Ireland Facebook