KEADUE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KEADUE, or KIDUE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER LOUGHTEE, county of CAVAN, and province of ULSTER, contiguous to the town of Cavan, and on the road from Dublin to Enniskillen: the population is included in the return for Urney. The parish comprises 2893 statute acres, and is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kilmore, held by the vicar of Urney and Annageliffe; the rectory is part of the corps of the deanery of Kilmore. The tithes amount to £109. 4. 4., of which two-thirds are payable to the dean and one-third to the vicar. The church for the town of Cavan stands on the townland of Keadue, on a site given by the late Earl of Farnham. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Urney and Annageliffe.

« Kanturk | Index | Keadue (Roscommon) »


Library Ireland Facebook