AGLISH, or AGLISHMARTIN, a parish

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

AGLISH, or AGLISHMARTIN, a parish, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (W.) from Waterford, on the river Suir, and on the road from Waterford to Carrick-on-Suir; containing 401 inhabitants, of which number, 142 are in the village. It comprises 2414 statute acres, and is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes amount to £96. 18. 5 ½. There is neither church nor glebe-house; the glebe consists of 2 ½ acres. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moncoin.

« Aglish | Index | Aglish »


Library Ireland Facebook