From Irish Pedigrees; or the Origin and Stem of the Irish Nation by John O'Hart
Arms: The Armorial Bearings same as those of "O'Hart" (No. 1).
BRIAN, a younger brother of Aodh Mór who is No. 117 on the (No. 1) "O'Hart" (Princes of Tara) pedigree, was the ancestor of O'Hart, of Ardtarmon, county Sligo.
117. Brian: son of Giollachriosd Caoch.
118. Donal Glas: his son; had a younger brother Felim, who was father of William, the father of Felim, father of the four brothers—I. Rory Ballach, 2. William, 3.
John, 4. Owen, who were called Muintir Ardtarman.
119. Giolladubh: son of Donal Glas; had a brother Teige Ruadh. This Teige Ruadh had two sons—1. Donal Glas, 2. Teige Oge: Donal Glas was the father of the four brothers, Muircheartach, Teige Oge, Brian, and Ferdorach—who were known as Muintir Duin Fhuar; and Donal Glas's brother Teige Oge and his family were known as Muintir Duin Fuil.
120. Cormac: son of Giolladubh. Had three brothers—1.Owen Lochtach; 2. Rory; 3. Scabhar. Owen Lochtach appears to have left no issue; Rory left two sons namely—Giolladubh, and Connor; and Scabhar was the father of Giollapadraic, the father of Owen.
121. John Caoch O'Hart: son of Cormac; had two brothers—1. Giollapadraic, 2. Rory Garbh.
 Felim: This Felim was the "Pheolyme O'Harte of Ardtarmon, otherwise called O'Hart, chief of his name," who (See Note on Ardtarmon, O'Hart No.1 pedigree) was one of the Signatories of the Indenture (in 1585) between Sir John Perrott and the chieftains of Sligo, temp. Queen Elizabeth.
 Duin Fuil: This name has been modernized Ballinfull, above mentioned, near Lisadil.
Charlotte Milligan Fox, sister of the poet Alice Milligan, was a founding member of the Irish Folk Song Society and an indefatigable field collector of Irish traditional music. Her singularly important work on Irish haprers is here presented for the twenty-first century reader. This edition of Annals offers a much greater number of illustrations than were included in the original 1911 publication, a full biographical introduction, an extensive bibliography of the writings of Milligan Fox and an appendix discussing the variant texts of Arthur O’Neills Memoirs.
Join our mailing list to receive updates on new content on Library, our latest ebooks, and more.
You won't be inundated with emails! — we'll just keep you posted periodically — about once a monthish — on what's happening with the library.