From Irish Pedigrees; or the Origin and Stem of the Irish Nation by John O'Hart
Arms: Erm. an oak tree eradicated and acorned ppr. Another: Ar. an oak tree eradicated and acorned ppr. over all on a fess wavy az. a unicorn's head erased between two salmon naiant of the first.
SHANE O'CONNOR Ruadh (pr. "Roe") had:
2. Teige  (or Thaddeus), who lived at Cloonfree, was styled the "O'Connor Roe," m. daughter of O'Brannan, and had:
3. Denis O'Connor Roe, who m. daughter of O'Hanly of Sheehane, and had:
4. Thadeus, who m. a Miss Foster of Esker, county Dublin, and had:
5. Denis, of Lanesborough, b. 1765, who m. dau. of Plunket, of Ardkeenagh, and had:
6. John, who m. daughter of Costello of Gurteen, near Coolavin, and had:
7. John O'Connor Roe.
 Teige: It is claimed that this is the Teige O'Connor, who was a Colonel in the French army, A.D. 1700.
Join our mailing list to receive updates on new content on Library, our latest ebooks, and more.
You won't be inundated with emails! — we'll just keep you posted periodically — about once a monthish — on what's happening with the library.