KILTEEL

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILTEEL, a parish, in the barony of SOUTH SALT, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 5 ½ miles (E. N. E.) from Naas, on the road from Dublin to Ballymore-Eustace; containing 755 inhabitants, of which number, 253 are in the village. The village comprises 43 houses, and is a constabulary police station; fairs are held in it on May 1st, June 24th, Sept. 29th, and Nov. 2nd. The parish contains 2935 statute acres. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin, forming part of the union of Rathmore; the rectory is impropriate in Colonel Luke Allen.

The tithes amount to £98. 16. 2 ¼., of which £65. 17. 5 ½. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Blessington. Here are the ruins of a castle.

« Kilteal | Index | Kilteely »

Search Topographical Dictionary of Ireland »