CLOUGH, a village

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

CLOUGH, a village, in the parish of Castlecomer, barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N. N. E.) from Castlecomer on the road to Athy; containing 116 houses and 582 inhabitants, who are chiefly employed in the neighbouring collieries. It is a constabulary police station; and the R. C. chapel of the district of Clough, which comprises parts of the parishes of Castlecomer and Rathaspeck, is situated here.

« Clough, Down | Index | Clough, Longford »

Search Topographical Dictionary of Ireland »