Baldoyle (from Thom's Almanac and Official Directory, 1862: County Dublin Directory).

BALDOYLE, a maritime parish and village in Coolock barony, County Dublin; 7 miles N. E. from Dublin, comprising an area of 1,236 acres, of which 27 are in the village. Population of parish, 1,131; of village, 817, inhabiting 222 houses. It is situated upon a small creek of the Irish sea to the north of the isthmus that connects the promontory of Howth with the mainland, and close to the line of the Drogheda Railway, of which it is the third station from Dublin. In 1369 Sir William De Windsor, the then Lord Deputy, is said to have convened a Parliament here for the purpose of levying subsidies. The only public building is the Roman Catholic Chapel, a handsome structure with a portico of four Tuscan pillars, above which is a turret supporting a dome and cross. It has a Dispensary, Parochial and National Schools for children of both sexes, and is a Constabulary Police and Coast-guard Station. The creek is only fit for fishing wherries and boats, of which several belong to the place. In summer it is much frequented by sea bathers for the strength and purity of the water and its fine smooth beach. In 1166, the manor of Baldoyle was granted by Dermot Mac Murrough to the priory of All Saints, Dublin. At the Grange, which is close to the Railway, is the picturesque ruins of the ancient church.

Archbold, John, ship owner
Archbold, Miss, dressmaker
Arnold, Peter, Kilbarrack, farmer
Barnwall, Mrs. provision dealer
Boyle, Miss, dressmaker, Portmarnock
Bryan, Christopher, boot and shoe maker
Bryan, J. boot and shoemaker
Butterby, Patrick, boot and shoe maker
Butterly, Patrick, farmer
Byrne, Peter, Moyne lodge
Carpenter, Mr. Richard, Grange
Carrick, Richard, Kilbarrack, farmer
Coast-guard Station--Officer in charge, Mr. Percival
Constabulary Police Station-- JohnByrne, constable in charge
Connor, Mr. builder
Coogan, James, boat owner
Culverwell, Jos. Pope, esq. secretary to the Dublin and Drogheda Railway Company, St. Laurence lodge, near Sutton railway station
Dispensary--Dr. O'Rorke, physician
Duffy, Mr. Talavera house, Grange
Dorman, Patrick, carpenter
Farley, John, esq. Warren Lodge
Fitzsimon, John, hotel, &c.
Font, John, Kilbarrack, farmer
Fottrell, Jos. Kilbarrack, contractor
Furnace, Capt. Norbury K. J.P. The Mall
Gill, John, esq. Grange lodge
Hamilton, H. S. Warren house
Hammett, John, butcher
Harford, Christopher, grocer
Harford, Christopher, carpenter
Hawkins, Jas. esq. St. Finton's house
Hogan, Edward, Sutton
Kane, Christopher, tailor
Kane, James, provision dealer
Kelly, John, farmer
Kelly, Richard, farmer, Carrickhill
Kirwan, W. P. esq. Baldoyle house
Laurenson, Rev. William, prebendary of Howth and Baldoyle
Marquiss, Geo. sen. esq. Park house
Marquiss, Geo. jun. esq. Valuation Office, Park house
Marquiss, James, esq. R.H.A. Park house
Mooney, Mrs. Briar hall, Carrick hill
National Schools--Matthew Henry, master; Anne O'Halloran, mis.
Neill, Laurence, farmer, Portmarnock
POST OFFICE--Mary Rickard, postmistress
Ratcliffe, Thomas, blacksmith
Reck, Mrs. Mall
Reilly, William, Baldoyle
Rice, Gerald, esq. Grange
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL--Rev. P. Smithwick, P.P.; Rev. J. Mooney, c c.
Seely, Mr. P.
Sweetman, Joseph, farmer
Tallon,Edw. salesmaster & boat owner
Tallon, Edward, tailor
Tallon, Mary, grocer
Tallon, Patk. salesmaster & boat owner
Tallon, Thomas, vintner, &c.
Weldon, Patrick, coal merchant
Welsh, Joseph, carpenter
White, Luke, esq. Grange
White, Mr. Matthew, railway station
Willin, Thomas, esq. Carrickill hill


M'Kenna, Jos. esq. Kilbarrack lodge


ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPEL--Rev. P. Smithwick, P.P.; Rev. J. Mooney,c.c.
Neil, John, esq. Kinsealy house


Neil, John, farmer
Plunkett, John, esq. Portmarnock ho.