ABBEYGORMAGAN, a parish partly in the barony of Leitrim, but chiefly in that of Longford, and 8 1/4 miles west by north of Eyrecourt, co. Galway, Connaught. Area of the Leitrim section, 3,440 acres, of the Longford section, 8,318 acres. Pop., of the Leitrim section, in 1831, 427; in 1841, 791. Houses 129. Pop. , of the Longford section, in 1831, 2,233; in 1841, 2,139. Houses 356. The land is, in general, of good quality, and the surface declines to the south. The abbey, whence the parish has its name, was called Monaster O'Gormogan, or De Via Nova; it was for canons regular of the order of St Augustin, and, in the 34th year of Henry VIII, it was granted to Ulicke, the first earl of Clanricarde --This parish is a rectory in the dio of Clonfert, and forms part of the benefice of KILTORMER which see. Tithe composition £108. But a portion of the tithes, compounded for £ 110 15s 4 1/2d , is appropriated to the bishop and five cathedral dignitaries of the diocese. The Roman Catholic chapel at Mullagh, within the parish, is attended, on the average, by 900 persons. The parishioners were computed in 1834, to consist of 38 Churchmen, and 3,019 Roman Catholics. There were, in the same year, 2 schools wholly supported by fees, and attended jointly by 130 scholars.