WARD (THE)

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

WARD (THE), a chapelry, in the parish of FINGLAS, barony of CASTLEKNOCK, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (N.) from Dublin, on the mail road to Ashbourne; containing 251 inhabitants. Here is a station of the constabulary police, and petty sessions are held on alternate Mondays; there are quarries of good stone. It is a chapelry, in the diocese of Dublin, forming part of the union of Finglas and corps of the chancellorship of St. Patrick's cathedral, Dublin: the tithes are included with those of Finglas.

In the R. C. divisions also it is part of the district of Finglas. The church is in ruins.

« Walterstown | Index | Waringstown »


Library Ireland Facebook