UNION-HALL

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

UNION-HALL, a village, in the parish of MYROSS, Eastern Division of the barony of WEST CARBERY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 6 miles (S. W.) from Rosscarbery, to which it has a penny post: the population is returned with the parish. It is situated at the western extremity of the harbour of Glandore, where there is an excellent quay for vessels drawing ten feet of water, and a considerable trade is carried on in the export of corn. Close to the village is the parish church, a handsome cruciform building with a tower; and not far distant is the district chapel of Castlehaven, a large plain building. It is a constabulary police station, and petty sessions are held on alternate Thursdays. There are a dispensary and three public schools. In the immediate vicinity are several handsome seats, which are enumerated in the article on Myross.

« Umma | Index | Upperchurch »


Library Ireland Facebook