From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

TEMPLENECARRIGA, a parish, in the barony of BARRYMORE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 6 ½ miles (S. E.) from Rathcormac, on the road to Midleton; containing 1602 inhabitants, and comprising 4942 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, of which 64 are woodland, the rest being either pasture or under tillage. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cloyne, forming the corps of the treasurership of Cloyne, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the tithes amount to £498. 8. 8., and the gross annual income of the treasurer is 508. 8. 8. The glebe comprises 44 acres, and there is a glebe-house. The church is in ruins, but divine service is performed in a school-house licensed by the bishop, until a new church shall be built.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Lisgoold. There are four small schools.

« Templemurry | Index | Templeneiry »