From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
TEMPLEMICHAEL, a parish, in the barony of ARKLOW, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2 ½ miles (N.) from Arklow: containing 360 inhabitants. It was separated from Arklow by act of council in 1833, and is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, forming part of the union of Kilbride. The church is in ruins.
In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Newbridge and Baranisky, and contains a chapel.