TEMPLEDERRY

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

TEMPLEDERRY, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ORMOND, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 6 miles (S. E.) from Nenagh; containing 1857 inhabitants.

The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £157. 9. 3 ¾. The church is a small building in good repair.

In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, comprising also the parish of Kilnanave, in which union are three chapels, two in Templederry and one in Kilnanave. There are six private schools, in which are about 320 children.

« Templecroan | Index | Templedowney »


Library Ireland Facebook