TEMPLEBREDIN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

TEMPLEBREDIN, a parish, partly in the barony of CLANWILLIAM, county of TIPPERARY, and partly in that of COONAGH, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 6 miles (N. W. by W.) from Tipperary; containing 1353 inhabitants, of which number, 683 are in that part of the parish which is in the county of Limerick. The land is equally divided between tillage and pasture, with the exception of a small portion of bog, which supplies the tenantry with fuel.

The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Emly, and in the patronage of the Crown, during the legal incapacity of the Earl of Kenmare; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde.

The tithes amount to £142. 10., of which £18 is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar.

In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Pallasgreine. There are three private schools, in which are about 180 children.

« Templebready | Index | Templebryan »


Library Ireland Facebook