SCOTSHOUSE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

SCOTSHOUSE, a village, in the parish of CURRIN, barony of DARTRY, county of MONAGHAN, and province of ULSTER, 5 ½ miles (N. W.) from Cootehill, on the road from Clones to Stradone: the population is returned with the parish. It is a station of the constabulary police, and contains the parochial church and R. C. chapel. Near the village is Hilton, the handsome seat of Colonel Madden.

« Scilly | Index | Scrabby »


Library Ireland Facebook