SANDYFORD

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

SANDYFORD, a village, in the parish of TULLY, barony of HALF-RATHDOWN, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S.) of Dublin, on the old road to Enniskerry; the population is returned with the parish. This is the head of the R. C. union or district of Sandyford and Glancullen, comprising the parishes of Kilternan and Kilgobbin, and portions of those of Tullow, Rathmichael, Stillorgan, Kill, and Taney: the chapel is a spacious building, which, though commenced 20 years since, is not yet finished; attached is a good residence for the priest: another chapel is at Glancullen, in the parish of Kilternan. There is a school in connection with the new Board of Education.

« Sandycove | Index | Sandymount »


Library Ireland Facebook