RAMSGRANGE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

RAMSGRANGE, a village, in the parish of ST. JAMES, barony of SHELBURNE, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 9 miles (S.) from New Ross, on the road from Arthurstown to Salt Mills; containing 220 inhabitants. Here is a R. C. chapel belonging to the union or district of Hook; being in a dilapidated state, it is in contemplation to build a new one on a different site. Near the chapel is a residence for the priest.

« Ramoan | Index | Ram's Island »


Library Ireland Facebook