PLEBESTOWN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

PLEBESTOWN, a reputed parish, locally situated in the parish of ABBEY-JERPOINT, barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER; containing 237 inhabitants, and comprising 1432 statute acres. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde, to whom the tithes, amounting to £43. 3. 10., are entirely payable: for the performance of ecclesiastical duties it forms part of the union of Burnchurch.

« Pilltown | Index | Pobble-O'Keefe »


Library Ireland Facebook