PHIBSBOROUGH

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

PHIBSBOROUGH, a village, in the new parish of GRANGEGORMAN, barony of COOLOCK, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N.) from Dublin, on the road to Navan, and near the Royal canal; the population is returned with the city of Dublin. Here is a neat R. C. chapel belonging to the district of St. Paul, with a residence for the chaplain annexed; also a lending library, and a male and female national school, in which about 200 children are educated.

« Pettigoe | Index | Philipstown (King's) »


Library Ireland Facebook