PARSONSTOWN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

PARSONSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of FERRARD, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (S. E.) from Dunleer; containing 257 inhabitants. It is situated on the eastern coast, and, according to the Ordnance survey, comprises 524 statute acres, some of which is good land, but the remainder consists of a cold tenacious clay. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Armagh, constituting part of the union of Dunany; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Drogheda: the tithes amount to £48. 12., of which £29. 7. is payable to the impropriator, and £19. 5. to the vicar.

In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Rathdrummin, or Clogher.

« Parsonstown (King's) | Index | Particles »


Library Ireland Facebook