PALLASGREINE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

PALLASGREINE, PALLASGREANE, or PALLASGREEN, a post-town, in the parish of GREANE, barony of COONAGH, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 13 miles (S. E.) from Limerick, near the new mail road from Limerick to Tipperary; containing 379 inhabitants. In 1831, it comprised 62 houses, the whole of which are small thatched buildings, with the exception of Pallas House, the residence of T. Apjohn, Esq., which stands at the head of the village. It is a station of the constabulary police, and has a sub-post-office to Limerick and Clonmel. Three small fairs are held in the year. The parochial church is near the village; and at Nesker, in the vicinity, is the principal chapel of the R. C. union or district of Pallasgreine, which also contains the chapel of Templebrinden.

« Palatinetown | Index | Pallaskenry »


Library Ireland Facebook