OUTRATH

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

OUTRATH, a parish, in the barony of SHILLELOGHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, l ½ mile (S.) from Kilkenny; containing 1529 inhabitants, and comprising 2008 statute acres. It is a prebend, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Inchiolaghan and of the corps of the chancellorship of Ossory: the tithes amount to £200.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of St. Patrick's, and contains the chapel of Grange. About 50 children are educated in a private school.

« Outragh (Tipperary) | Index | Ovens »


Library Ireland Facebook