NEWBRIDGE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

NEWBRIDGE, a village, in the parish of CASTLEMACADAM, barony of BALLINACOR, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 4 ½ miles (S.) from Rathdrum, to which it has a penny post: the population is returned with the parish. It is pleasantly situated in the vale of Ovoca, on the eastern bank of the river of that name, and near the mail road from Dublin to Wexford. It gives name, with Baranisky, to the R. C. union or district, and contains a neat chapel, to which a national school is attached.

« Newbridge (Kildare) | Index | Newcastle (Down) »


Library Ireland Facebook