MARGARET'S (ST.)

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

MARGARET'S (ST.), a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. E.) from Broadway, on the south-eastern coast; containing 112 inhabitants. It comprises 440 ½ statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, chiefly the property of G. W. Nunn, Esq. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, endowed with the small tithes, and forming part of the union of Tacumshane (also called the union of Kilscoran) and the corps of the chancellorship; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth.

The tithes amount to £48. 1. 9., of which £15. 5. 11. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the incumbent.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Lady's Island.

« St. Margaret's (Dublin) | Index | St. Margaret's (Wexford) »


Library Ireland Facebook