MALLARDSTOWN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

MALLARDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of KELLS, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (E.) from Callan, on the road to Thomastown; containing 547 inhabitants. It is partly bounded on the north by the King's river, and comprises 2490 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Here is an extensive flour-mill, worked by Mr. William Phelan. Mallardstown, the property of Silver Oliver, Esq., is now the residence of G. Helsham, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Kells: the tithes amount to £171. 1. 8.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Callan.

« Malin | Index | Mallow »


Library Ireland Facebook