MAGOWRY

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

MAGOWRY, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S. E.) from Killenaule; containing 456 inhabitants, and comprising 1707 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Killenaule: the tithes amount to £100.

In the R. C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Killenaule.

« Magourney | Index | Maguire's-Bridge »


Library Ireland Facebook