LISDOWNEY

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

LISDOWNEY, a village, in the parish of AHARNEY, barony of GALMOY, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S.) from Durrow, on the road to Kilkenny; containing 28 houses and 162 inhabitants. It is situated on the confines of Queen's county, and contains the chapel giving name to the R. C. union or district, which latter comprises the parishes of Aharney, Sheffin, Balleen, and Coolcashin, and parts of Rathbeagh and Grange.

« Lisdoonvarna | Index | Lisgenan »


Library Ireland Facebook