LISBUNNY

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

LISBUNNY, or LISBONEY, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ORMOND, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 1 mile (S. E.) from Nenagh, on the mail road from Dublin to Limerick; containing 1442 inhabitants, and comprising 4178 statute acres. Here is an extensive flour-mill, worked by superior machinery, the produce of which is in great demand. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Kilmore: the tithes amount to £323. 1. 6 ½.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Nenagh. There are some remains of the old church, adjacent to which are the ruins of a castle.

« Lisbellaw | Index | Lisburn »


Library Ireland Facebook