LADYTOWN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

LADYTOWN, a parish, in the barony of CONNELL, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 2 ½ miles (S. W.) from Naas; containing 402 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Liffey, comprises 2629 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £1683 per annum. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Kildare, forming part of the union of Great Connell; the rectory is impropriate in Sir T. Molyneux, Bart., Sir G. Cockburn, K.G.H., and A. Rourke, Esq.

The tithes amount to £95. 9. 6., of which £63. 13. is payable to the impropriators, and £31. 16. 6. to the vicar.

In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Caragh and Downings.

« Lady's-Island | Index | Lagan »


Library Ireland Facebook