From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
KILLINARDRISH, a village, and post-town, in the parish of CANNAWAY, barony of EAST MUSKERRY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (E.) from Macroom; containing 65 inhabitants. This village is beautifully situated on the south bank of the river Lee, and is connected with Carrigadrohid by an ancient bridge. It consists of several neat cottages with gardens, and was formed by R. B. Crooke, Esq., of Killinardrish House, to whom it belongs. It is a constabulary police station, and has a sub-post office to Cork and Macroom: fairs have been recently established. Besides Mr. Crooke's seat, here is an elegant villa belonging to R. J. O'Donoghue, Esq.