KILBRIDE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 2 ¼ miles (W. N. W.) from Ballyclare, on the road from Ballymena to Doagh; containing 1849 inhabitants. This parish comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 5641 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Connor, and part of the union of Donegore: the tithes amount to £373. 3. 4 ½. There is no church; divine service is performed in a school-house every Sunday. About 240 children are taught in four private schools, and there are three Sunday schools.

« Kilbrew | Index | Kilbride (Dublin) »


Library Ireland Facebook