KILBRIDE-PILATE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILBRIDE-PILATE, or PACE-KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of FARTULLAGH, county of WESTMEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 ¼ miles (W.) from Kinnegad, on the road from Dublin to Athlone; containing 574 inhabitants, and 5373 statute acres. Here is Gaulstown Park, the splendid seat of Lord Kilmaine, in the grounds of which is a very large larch tree, planted by Dean Swift. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and forms part of the union of Enniscoffey, or Kilbride-Pilate, in the patsronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £100. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Fartullagh, or Rochfort-Bridge, and has a chapel at Milltown.

« Kilbride-Langan | Index | Kilbride-Veston »


Library Ireland Facebook