KILBRIDE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of WATERFORD, and province of MUNSTER, 4 ½ miles (S. by W.) from Waterford, on the bay of Tramore; containing 483 inhabitants. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Waterford, entirely appropriate to the economy estate of the Cathedral, and forms, with the rectory of Island Ikane, the impropriate cure of Kilbride, which is in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Waterford; the tithes amount to £74. 17. 3., and there is a glebe of three acres. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Dunhill. Here are the ruins of the old castle of Cullen.

« Kilbride (Roscommon) | Index | Kilbride (Wexford) »


Library Ireland Facebook