KILBRIDE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of IDA, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 ½ miles (W. by S.) from New Ross; containing 496 inhabitants, and 2665 statute acres. It is a vicarage, episcopally united, in 1779, to that of Kilcoan; the rectory is impropriate in the Rev. John Digby. The tithes amount to £90, which is equally divided between the vicar and the impropriator. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieuruagh.

« Kilbride (Meath) | Index | Kilbride (Meath) »


Library Ireland Facebook