KILBRIDE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of DUNBOYNE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 ½ miles (N. by E.) from Clonee, on the road from Dublin to Ratoath; containing 279 inhabitants. It is a chapelry, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Dunboyne, in which the tithes are included. The church is in ruins. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Dunboyne and Kilbride, and has a small chapel. There is a private school, in which are about 30 children. On the lands of Ballintra are the remains of a Danish fort.

« Kilbride (Kilkenny) | Index | Kilbride (Roscommon) »


Library Ireland Facebook