KILBREEDY-MINOR

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILBREEDY-MINOR, a parish, in the barony of COSHMA, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Kilmallock, and on the road from that place to Charleville; containing 600 inhabitants. It comprises 2087 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the soil is very good, but only about one-fifth of it is under tillage, the remainder being meadow or pasture land. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Limerick, and in the gift of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £130. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Effin. Near the south bank of the Subtach are the ruins of the old church.

« Kilbreedy-Major | Index | Kilbrew »


Library Ireland Facebook