From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837
IBERIUS (ST.), a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER; containing, with the post-town of Broadway, 543 inhabitants. It is situated at the head of Lady's Island Lake, and comprises 562 plantation acres, the property of G. W. Nunn, Esq. The living is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Ferns, united to that of St. Mary's or Lady's Island, and together constituting the union of St. Iberius, in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory is impropriate in the Earl of Portsmouth. The tithes amount to £59.17. 4 ½., of which £22.18.11. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the incumbent, who receives a stipend of £2 per annum for discharging the clerical duties of St. Mary's or Lady's Island. At Doyle's Cross is a meeting-house for Wesleyan Methodists. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Lady's Island.