HUGGINSTOWN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

HUGGINSTOWN, a village, in the parish of AUGHAVILLER, barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (S.) from Knocktopher, on the road from Newmarket to Mullinavat; containing 56 houses and 283 inhabitants. Cattle fairs, called "the fairs of Harvey," are held here on the 12th of May, Aug., and Nov. There is a R. C. chapel belonging to the union or district of Ballyhale.

« Howth | Index | Iberius (St.) »


Library Ireland Facebook