GRANGECLOVAN

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

GRANGECLOVAN, or GRANGELORAN, a parish, in the barony of FASSADINING, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. W.) from Ballyragget, on the river Nore; containing 949 inhabitants, and comprising 5611 ½ statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Burnchurch: the tithes amount to £247. 14. 11. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called Conahy, which includes this parish and Maine, and part of the parishes of Kilmocar, Coolcraheen, Three Castles, and Burnchurch; and has a chapel at Conahy.

« Grange Clare | Index | Grangeforth »