GLASHARE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

GLASHARE, a parish, in the barony of GALMOY, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 4 ¼ miles (S. by E.) from Rathdowney; containing 619 inhabitants. This parish comprises 2703 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £1824. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Rathdowney. The tithes amount to £100. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Eirke. About 50 children are educated in a private school.

« Glash | Index | Glasnevin »


Library Ireland Facebook