GLASCARRICK

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

GLASCARRICK, or GLASCARRIG, an ecclesiastical district, recently formed out of the parishes of DONAGHMORE and KILTRISK, the former in the barony of BALLAGHKEEN, and the latter in that of GOREY, county of WEXFORD, and province of MUNSTER. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, and in the patronage of the Impropriator of Donaghmore and the Incumbent of Kiltrisk, which forms part of the union of Leskinfere. The stipend of £66. 3. per annum is payable in the proportion of £20 from the incumbent, £23. 1. 6. from the impropriator, and a similar sum from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The tithes of seven townlands in Donaghmore, called the "Ballymonies, " amounting to £40, payable to the Crown, have been petitioned for in augmentation of the perpetual curacy, and application has been made to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners to aid a subscription already entered into for building a church on the border of Donaghmore parish, adjoining that of Kiltrisk; also to grant funds for the erection of a glebe-house.—See DONAGHMORE and KILTRISK.

« Glanworth | Index | Glasdrummond »