GARRYNOE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

GARRYNOE, or GARRYVOE, a parish, in the Eastern Division of the barony of EAST CARBERY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 5 ¾ miles (S. W. by W.) from Bandon; the population is returned with the parish of Desertserges, into which Garrynoe is considered to have merged. It is situated on the river Bandon, and comprises 8027 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3365 per annum. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, and in the patronage of Lord Kinsale: the tithes amount to £315.

« Garrycloyne | Index | Garryvoe »