GARRISON

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

GARRISON, a village, partly in the parish of INNISMACSAINT, and partly in that of DEVENISH, barony of MAGHERABOY, county of FERMANAGH, and province of ULSTER, 7 miles (W.) from Churchhill, on the road from Ballyshannon to Manorhamilton; containing 69 inhabitants. Here are a chapel of ease to the parish church of Devenish, a R. C. chapel, and a school. It is a constabulary police station, and fairs are held on May 21st, July 19th, Oct. 21st. and Dec. 21st, besides which fairs have lately been established every alternate month.

« Garrangibbon | Index | Garristown »