FURNAUGHTS, OR FORENAUGHTS

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

FURNAUGHTS, or FORENAUGHTS, a parish, in the barony of SOUTH SALT, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (E. by N.) from Naas, on the road to Blessington: the population is returned with the parish of Naas. This small parish comprises only 765 statute acres. The seats are Forenaughts, the residence of the Rev. R. Wolfe; and Furness, that of W. Beauman, Esq. It is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Kildare, united with that of Hainstown, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £19. 14. 0., and those of the benefice to £26. 11. 6. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kill. Some remains of the old church still exist, and at Furness is a rath.

« Fulestown | Index | Furnish, or Furinish »


Library Ireland Facebook